|UCLA DA 155.23: Execution of Performing Arts Agreements|
October 09, 2007
|From:||Executive Dean, College of Letters & Science Patricia O'Brien|
|To:||Dean, Division of Social Sciences Reynaldo F. Macias
Dean, Division of Life Sciences Emil Reisler
Dean, Division of Physical Sciences Joseph Rudnick
Dean & Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education Judith L. Smith
Dean, Division of Humanities Timothy Stowell
Effective as of the date above, I hereby delegate to you, in your respective areas of responsibility, the authority to execute various performing arts agreements required with outside organizations and individuals to implement approved programs and activities, whether the University is the supplier or recipient of the service covered by the agreement.
Within the scope of this delegation, you are authorized to negotiate and execute all such agreements, except those which contain provisions falling within the restrictions and limitations set forth in Standing Order 100.4 (dd), or which require approval of The Regents because of specific policy memoranda issued from time to time.
This delegation is not to be used for transactions which are covered under authority delegated concerning:
- Execution of purchase contracts, sub-contracts, and standard purchase orders for goods and services to be supplied to the University (UC DA 2100);
- Real property rental agreements (leases) (UC DA 2140);
- Solicitation and acceptance or execution of certain extramural grants and contracts (UC DA 2036);
- Affiliation agreements with other institutions or hospitals (UC DA 0916), including foreign institution or entity memorandums of understanding;
- Solicitation or acceptance of gifts (UC DA 2011); and
- Those delegations established in Business and Finance Bulletins such as BUS 34, Securing the Services of Independent Consultants, or in University policies such as the University of California Patent Policy or University of California Policy on Copyright Ownership.
All agreements under this delegation must be executed in accordance with the applicable University policies and procedures governing the particular transaction, including, but not limited to, Business and Finance Bulletins, UCLA Policy 110 (Use of the University’s Names, Seals and Trademarks) and relevant guidelines issued by the appropriate functional areas within the Office of the President or the campus. All agreements must be approved as to legal form by the General Counsel prior to execution unless the agreement is in a form previously approved by that office and is issued without revisions.
This authority may not be further redelegated.
Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
Executive Vice President, Business Operations
General Counsel & Vice President, Legal Affairs
Universitywide Policy Coordinator
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations