|UCLA DA 801.10: Execution of Professional Services Agreements|
April 15, 2015
|From:||Vice Chancellor & CFO Steven A. Olsen|
|To:||Associate Vice Chancellor, Capital Planning & Finance Susan G. Santon|
This delegation to negotiate and execute agreements includes, but not limited to, the following types of services, as set out in the UC Facilities Manual: land surveys (including boundaries, topography, and utilities); site and foundation investigations based on soils, geology, and hydrology for proposed facilities; seismic studies for existing structures or special analysis of proposed structures; soil samples testing (moisture content, soils type, expansion, bearing capacity); scheduling; planning; programming; model making, independent design review and rendering; environmental services; cost estimating; and peer review.
Within the scope of this delegation, you are authorized to negotiate and execute all such agreements, except those which contain provisions falling within the restrictions and limitations set forth in Standing Order 100.4 (dd), or which require approval of The Regents because of specific policy memoranda, which may be issued from time to time.
This delegation is not to be used for agreements which are covered under authority delegated concerning:
- Appointment of and Execution of Agreements for Executive Architects, Executive Landscape Architects, and Executive and Consulting Engineers (UC DA 2220);
- Bid Solicitation and Execution of Construction Contracts, includng Limited Authority within the Best Value Selection Program (UC DA 2564);
- Approval of Project Design (UC DA 2575);
- Execution of purchase contracts, sub-contracts, and standard purchase orders for goods and services to be supplied to the University (UC DA 2100);
- Real property rental agreements (UC DA 2231);
- Solicitation and acceptance or execution of certain extramural grants and contracts (UC DA 2569);
- Affiliation agreements with other institutions or hospitals (UC DA 0916);
- Solicitation or acceptance of gifts (UC DA 2011);
- Foreign exchange and linkage agreements or for creating foreign affiliation agreements or memoranda of understading; and
- Those delegations established in Business and Finance Bulletins such as BUS 34, Securing the Services of Independent Consultants, or in University policies such as the University of California Patent Policy or University of California Policy on Copyright Ownership.
All agreements must be approved by the General Counsel prior to execution unless the agreement is in a form previously apprvoved by that office and issued without revisions.
This delegation may not be futher redelegated.
Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
Associate Vice Chancellor, Design & Construction
Director, Contracts, Capital Programs
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations