|UCLA DA 720.10: Found and Unclaimed Bicycles and Bicycle Parts|
August 10, 2011
|From:||Administrative Vice Chancellor Jack Powazek|
|To:||Director, UCLA Transportation Renee Fortier|
The care and disposition of found and unclaimed bicycles and bicycle parts (hereinafter Bicycles) in possession of the University are to be implemented in compliance with University guidelines as follows:
- Bicycles shall be held for at least three (3) months by UCLA Transportation on site, or at a designated satellite center.
- Thereafter, Bicycles assessed at a value of less than $300.00 can be disposed of through donation to the UCLA Bike Shop, local bicycle repair co-ops, the UCLA Thrift Shop, public auction to the highest bidder, or they can be appropriately recycled.
- Thereafter, Bicycles assessed at a value of $300.00 or more shall be offered for sale at public auction to the highest bidder. Bicycles not bid for at a sale shall be disposed of through established University channels.
- Notice of such sale shall be published in advance of the sale, in the county where the Bicycle is held.
- Proceeds from Bicycles sold at any sale shall be accrued to the UCLA Bicycle Program, in accordance with UC policy and accounting guidelines.
|cc:||Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
UCLA Chief of Police
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations