|UCLA DA 620.07: Classification Authority for Professional/Support Staff Positions and Manager/Senior Professional Positions|
November 04, 2008
|From:||Administrative Vice Chancellor Sam J. Morabito|
|To:||Associate Vice Chancellor, Campus Human Resources Lubbe Levin|
|Supersedes:||UCLA DA 620.03 (Classification Authority for Professional/Support Staff Positions and Manager/Senior Professional Positions), to Assistant Vice Chancellor Levin, dated July 12, 2002.|
- establish methodologies for evaluation and classification of positions;
- assign positions to salary ranges;
- establish and revise class specifications and classification standards;
- approve the allocation of positions to classes with class specifications and also for which class specifications have not yet been determined; and
- grant individual classification exceptions to class specifications.
This classification authority applies to Professional/Support Staff positions and Manager/Senior Professional positions. Budgetary support for classification actions shall be provided from authorized budgets under your jurisdiction. Copies of local implementing procedures shall be forwarded to the Associate Vice President – Human Resources and Benefits.
Any redelegation must be in writing with copies to me and those listed below.
Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
Executive Vice President, Business Operations
Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Benefits
Universitywide Policy Coordinator
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations