|UCLA DA 156.04: Execution of On-campus Housing Agreements and Conference Agreements|
February 15, 2008
|From:||Administrative Vice Chancellor Sam J. Morabito|
|To:||Assistant Vice Chancellor, Housing & Hospitality Services Peter L. Angelis|
|Supersedes:||DA 156.01 (Execution of On-campus Housing Agreements and Conference Agreements) to Director Foraker, dated 7/11/2001.|
Effective as of the date above, I hereby delegate to you, as Assistant Vice Chancellor, Housing and Hospitality Services and within your area of responsibility, the authority to execute on campus housing agreements and conference agreements required with outside organizations, agencies, and individuals to implement approved programs and activities, whether the University is the supplier or recipient of the service covered by the agreement.
Within the scope of this delegation, you are authorized to negotiate and execute all such agreements, except those which contain provisions falling within the restrictions and limitations set forth in Standing Order 100.4 (dd), or which require approval of The Regents because of specific policy memoranda issued from time to time.
This delegation is not to be used for transactions which are covered under authority delegated concerning:
- Execution of purchase contracts, sub-contracts, and standard purchase orders for goods and services to be supplied to the University (UC DA 2100);
- Real property rental agreements (Leases) (UC DA 2161);
Solicitation and acceptance or execution of certain extramural grants and contracts (UC DA 2036);
- Affiliation agreements with other institutions or hospitals (UC DA 0916);
- Solicitation or acceptance of gifts (UC DA 2011); and
- Those delegations established in Business and Finance Bulletins such as BUS 34, Securing the Services of Independent Consultants, or in University policies such as the University of California Patent Policy or University of California Policy on Copyright Ownership.
This delegation is being reissued due to an organization change and there are no substantive changes to the delegation being superseded.
This authority may not be further redelegated.
Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
Executive Vice President, Business Operations
General Counsel & Vice President, Legal Affairs
Universitywide Policy Coordinator
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations