|UCLA DA 155.50: Execution of Agreements|
April 28, 2017
|From:||Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost Scott L. Waugh|
|To:||Vice Provost, Information Technology Jim Davis
Vice Provost, Interdisciplinary and Cross-Campus Affairs Timothy Brewer
Dean, School of Engineering & Applied Science Jayathi Murthy
Dean, Graduate School of Education & Information Studies Marcelo M Suárez-Orozco
Dean, Division of Social Sciences Laura Gomez
Vice Chancellor for Research Ann R. Karagozian
Vice Provost & Dean, Graduate Division & Graduate Education Robin L. Garrell
Dean, School of Public Affairs Gary Segura
Vice Chancellor, Academic Personnel Michael Levine
Vice Provost, International Studies & Global Engagement C. Cindy Fan
Dean, School of Nursing Linda Sarna
Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs Monroe Gorden
Dean, School of Law Jennifer Mnookin
Dean, Anderson Graduate School of Management Judy D. Olian
Dean, School of Dentistry Paul Krebsbach
Vice Chancellor, Legal Affairs Louise Nelson
Dean, School of Public Health Jody Heymann
Dean, Division of Physical Sciences Miguel Garcia-Garibay
Dean, Continuing Education & Extension Wayne Smutz
Dean, School of Theater, Film & Television Teri Schwartz
Vice Provost and Senior Dean, Undergraduate Education Pat Turner
Dean, Division of Life Sciences Victoria L. Sork
Dean, Division of Humanities David Schaberg
Assistant Provost, Academic Program Development
University Librarian Virginia Steel
Vice Chancellor, External Affairs Rhea Turteltaub
Dean, School of the Arts & Architecture David Rousseve
|Supersedes:||UCLA DA 155.25 (Execution of Agreements) to Vice Chancellors, Deans, et al., dated August 12, 2011.|
Within the scope of this delegation, you are authorized to negotiate and execute all such agreements, except those which contain provisions falling within the restrictions and limitations set forth in Standing Order 100.4 (dd), or which require approval of The Regents because of specific policy memoranda issued from time to time.
This delegation is not to be used for transactions which are covered under authority delegated concerning:
- Execution of purchase contracts, sub-contracts, and standard purchase orders for goods and services to be supplied to the University (UC DA 2100);
- Real property rental agreements (UC DA 2231);
- Solicitation and acceptance or execution of certain extramural grants and contracts (UC DA 2569);
- Affiliation agreements with other institutions or hospitals (UC DA 0916);
- Solicitation or acceptance of gifts (UC DA 2588); and
- Those delegations established in Business and Finance Bulletins such as BUS 34, Securing the Services of Independent Consultants, or in University policies such as the University of California Patent Policy or University of California Policy on Copyright Ownership.
This delegation to negotiate and execute service agreements includes, but is not limited to, the following types of agreements:
- Agreements for concerts, lectures, rental and licensing the use of films, and various theatrical or musical productions.
- Agreements with California schools and/or school districts for teacher training programs.
- Agreements with outside agencies covering the use of facilities and instructors for regular University courses.
- Memoranda of Understanding with counties of the State of California to conduct Cooperative Extension Service educational programs.
- Agreements with outside organizations for employee development assignments.
- Agreements with nonprofit agencies for employment of students under the Work-Study Program.
- Agreements for student health insurance coverage.
- Intercollegiate athletic agreements (except selected coaching contracts).
This delegation is being reissued due to organization changes and there are no substantive changes to the delegation being superseded. The authority provided by this delegation is broad and should be exercised with discretion. To prepare further redelegations, please contact the Administrative Policies & Compliance Office, x57531, for assistance. Any redelegation of this authority shall be in writing with a copy to me and those listed below.
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations