|UCLA DA 155.48: Execution of Agreements|
March 15, 2017
|From:||Vice Chancellor for Research Ann R. Karagozian|
|To:||Associate Vice Chancellor and CEO & President, Technology Development Group Amir Naiberg|
|Supersedes:||UCLA DA 155.41 (Execution of Agreements), to AVC Naiberg, dated 8/8/2016.|
This delegation is not to be used for transactions which are covered under authority delegated concerning:
- Execution of purchase contracts, sub-contracts, and standard purchase orders for goods and services to be supplied to the University (UC DA 2100);
- Real property rental agreements (UC DA 2231);
- Solicitation and acceptance or execution of certain extramural grants and contracts (UC DA 2569);
- Affiliation agreements with other institutions or hospitals (UC DA 0916);
- Solicitation or acceptance of gifts (UC DA 2588); and
- Those delegations established in Business and Finance Bulletins such as BUS 34, Securing the Services of Independent Consultants, or in University policies such as the University of California Patent Policy or University of California Policy on Copyright Ownership.
This delegation to negotiate and execute service agreements includes, but is not limited to, the following types of agreements:
- Agreements with California schools and/or school districts for teacher training programs.
- Agreements with outside agencies covering the use of facilities and instructors for regular University courses.
- Memoranda of Understanding with counties of the State of California to conduct Cooperative Extension Service educational programs.
- Agreements with outside organizations for employee development assignments.
- Agreements with nonprofit agencies for employment of students under the Work-Study Program.
This delegation is being reissued due to an organization change and there are no substantive changes to the delegation being superseded. This authority may not be further redelegated.
Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
Vice Chancellor, Legal Affairs
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations