|UCLA DA 155.31: Execution of Agreements|
July 08, 2009
|From:||Dean, UCLA Extension Cathy A. Sandeen|
|To:||Associate Dean, UCLA Extension Michelle Stiles|
Within the scope of this delegation, you are authorized to negotiate and execute all such agreements, except those which contain provisions falling within the restrictions and limitations set forth in Standing Order 100.4 (dd), or which require approval of The Regents because of specific policy memoranda issued from time to time.
This delegation is not to be used for transactions which are covered under authority delegated concerning:
- Execution of purchase contracts, sub-contracts, and standard purchase orders for goods and services to be supplied to the University (UC DA 2100);
- Real property rental agreements (UC DA 2140);
- Solicitation and acceptance or execution of certain extramural grants and contracts
(UC DA 2036);
- Affiliation agreements with other institutions or hospitals (UC DA 0916);
- Solicitation or acceptance of gifts (UC DA 2011); and
- Those delegations established in Business and Finance Bulletins such as BUS-34, Securing the Services of Independent Consultants, or in University policies such as the University of California Patent Policy or University of California Policy on Copyright Ownership.
This delegation is also not to be used for foreign exchange and linkage agreements or for creating foreign affiliation agreements or memoranda of understanding.
This delegation to negotiate and execute service agreements includes, but is not limited to, the following types of agreements:
- Agreements for concerts, lectures, rental and licensing the use of films, and various theatrical or musical productions.
- Agreements with California schools and/or school districts for teacher training programs.
- Agreements with outside agencies covering the use of facilities and instructors for regular University courses.
- Memoranda of Understanding with counties of the State of California to conduct Cooperative Extension Service educational programs.
- Agreements with outside organizations for employee development assignments.
- Agreements with nonprofit agencies for employment of students under the Work-Study Program.
- Agreements for student health insurance coverage.
- Intercollegiate athletic agreements (except selected coaching contracts).
All agreements under this delegation must be executed in accordance with the applicable University policies and procedures governing the particular transaction, including, but not limited to, Business and Finance Bulletins and relevant guidelines issued by the appropriate functional areas within the Office of the President. All agreements must be approved as to legal form by the General Counsel prior to execution unless the agreement is in a form previously approved by that office and is issued without revision.
This authority may not be further redelegated.
Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
Universitywide Policy Coordinator
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations