|UCLA DA 155.20: Execution of Agreements|
October 09, 2006
|From:||Chancellor Norman Abrams|
|To:||Vice Chancellor, Finance, Budget & Capital Programs Steven A. Olsen|
Effective as of the date above, I hereby delegate to you, in your area of responsibility, the authority to execute various service agreements required with outside organizations, agencies, and individuals to implement approved programs and activities, whether the University is the supplier or recipient of the service covered by the agreement.
Within the scope of this delegation, you are authorized to negotiate and execute all such agreements, except those which contain provisions falling within the restrictions and limitations set forth in Standing Order 100.4 (dd), or which require approval of The Regents because of specific policy memoranda issued from time to time.
This delegation is not to be used for transactions which are covered under authority delegated concerning:
- Execution of purchase contracts, sub-contracts, and standard purchase orders for goods and services to be supplied to the University (UC DA 2100);
- Real property rental agreements (UC DA 2140);
- Solicitation and acceptance or execution of certain extramural grants and contracts
(UC DA 2036);
- Affiliation agreements with other institutions or hospitals (UC DA 0916);
- Solicitation or acceptance of gifts (UC DA 2011); and
- Those delegations established in Business and Finance Bulletins such as BUS 34, Securing the Services of Independent Consultants, or in University policies such as the University of California Patent Policy or University of California Policy on Copyright Ownership.
This delegation to negotiate and execute service agreements includes, but is not limited to, the following types of agreements:
- Agreements for concerts, lectures, rental and licensing the use of films, and various theatrical or musical productions.
- Agreements with California schools and/or school districts for teacher training programs.
- Agreements with outside agencies covering the use of facilities and instructors for regular University courses.
- Memoranda of Understanding with counties of the State of California to conduct Cooperative Extension Service educational programs.
- Agreements with outside organizations for employee development assignments.
- Agreements with nonprofit agencies for employment of students under the Work-Study Program.
- Agreements for student health insurance coverage.
- Intercollegiate athletic agreements (except coaching contracts).
All agreements under this delegation must be executed in accordance with the applicable University policies and procedures governing the particular transaction, including, but not limited to, Business and Finance Bulletins and relevant guidelines issued by the appropriate functional areas within the Office of the President. All agreements must be approved as to legal form by the General Counsel prior to execution unless the agreement is in a form previously approved by that office and is issued without revision.
The authority provided by this delegation is broad and should be exercised with discretion. To prepare further redelegations, please contact the Administrative Policies & Compliance Office, x57531, for assistance. Any redelegation shall be in writing, with a copy to me and those listed below.
|cc:||Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
Senior Vice President, Business & Finance
General Counsel & Vice President, Legal Affairs
Secretary of The Regents
Universitywide Policy Coordinator
Administrative Policies Coordinator