|UCLA DA 140.77: Negotiation, Approval and Execution of Licenses for Use of Real Property|
June 26, 2013
|From:||Director, Real Estate Wayne Brandt|
|To:||Associate Director, Real Estate Robert J. Gray|
- Involve: (i) real property that is or will be used for University-related purposes, or (ii) University-related property to be used by others, and (iii) are limited in length of term and consideration as follows:
- the license term does not exceed ten (10) years excluding options when UC is licensee but including options when UC is licensor,
- the base annual consideration:
- does not exceed $75,000 for the initial year, and
- if the initial year consideration exceeds $500,000, the agreement must either be on (1) a University standard form license without material modification, or (2) a form license that has been reviewed and approved by the appropriate risk manager in the event it contains indemnity, waiver or subrogation, or insurance provisions, or (3) a form license that has been reviewed and approved by the Office of the President Real Estate Services Group (RESG) and the Office of General Counsel (OGC); or
- Are revocable on not more than 180 days’ notice; and
- Do not involve the assumption by the University of liability for conduct of persons other than University officers, agents, employees, students, invitees, and guests, except that this restriction does not apply if under the agreement the University assumes responsibility for liability resulting from the condition of licensed property which the University is obliged to maintain (see Regents Standing order 100.4(dd)(9)), or as otherwise authorized by The Regents.
In order that a report is submitted to RESG annually, by July 31st, you shall certify and submit to me such report listing each agreement approved and executed pursuant to this delegation during the preceding fiscal year, including total cost of licensed space and average cost/square foot, and attest that all terms referenced in this delegation and the attached Lease/License Checklist have been met.
This authority may not be further redelegated.
Attachment - Lease/License Checklist
Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost
Administrative Vice Chancellor
Manager, Administrative Policies & Delegations